"One of the finest early brick buildings in St. Andrews, this five-bay Neoclassical residence is symmetrical in design withe the exception of the Roman arch windows on the south facade. its strong ornamental elements include classical modillions at the gable end eaves and an elaborate entranceway with a fanlight and sidelights. The town possessed talented masons at the time as evidenced by the Flemish bond brickwork, the cut-stone belt course at the top of the foundation, and the two large ridge chimneys. The front porch was a later addition."
--St. Andrews Architecture 1604-1966. John LeRoux and Thaddeus Holownia. Gaspereau Press, 2010.