Old St. Andrews



Sir James Dunn Academy



Sir James Dunn Academy Sir James Dunn Academy, 2013. David Sullivan


The present high school was constructed in 1968, and stands on the site of the old Charlotte County Grammar School. The Grammar School (1818 - 1918) was moved to the waterfront in 1911 to serve as a warehouse and was burned in a fire in 1930. It was replaced on King Street by Prince Arthur High School, named after Governor General Connaught, who visited St. Andrews for the opening ceremony in 1912; was itself replaced as highschool by Vincent Massey Highschool, built across the street on Carleton in 1955, and torn down in 1968.