Old St. Andrews



Old Record Office



The Charlotte County Record Office was erected in 1837 and a second story added in 1887. Judge M. N. Cockburn in his short history of Old St. Andrews (1907) speculated that it was near this spot that two trapper / traders named Brown and Frost, the only white inhabitants of the Town when it was first founded, had their log hut. A stream flowed nearby, and what is now Market Square was a swamp.