ItemChristopher Scott, ship captain, boat builder and merchant, came to Saint John from his native Greenock, Scotland in 1799 and then to St. Andrews in 1810. Scott owned large tracts of the St. Andrews waterfront and with his money contributed largely to the construction of the three blockhouses of 1812 and the Greenock Church of 1826. He was an eccentric man, philanthropic but of a tempestous termperament. A government report on Scott's application for remuneration in the creation of the blockhouses cited him as a drunk. Certainly, as he was remembered in a Bay Pilot article of 1878, he did wear the blue ribbon.
This house was built c. 1821.