Old St. Andrews

Main

Title

St. Andrews by the Sea, 1917

Content

Item

Russell One Probably the town's "By the Sea" moniker came from this pamphlet

Item

Russell Two The Algonquin Hotel, newly rebuilt by the CPR, 1915

Item

Russell Four Katy's Cove, at this time reserved exclusively for Algonquin guests

Item

Russell Six The roads of St. Andrews were reputedly very fine for driving, whether in car or buggy

Item

Russell Eight The Algonquin golf course, created by the St. Andrews Land Company, 1894

Item

Russell Ten The St. Andrews Coffee House, Water Street, moved here from Castine, 1784, destroyed by fire, 1930

Item

Russell Twelve The Beach

Item

Russell Fourteen Sailing in the Bay, an early favorite passtime for visitors

Item

Russell Sixteen Low Tide at the main wharf

Item

Russell Eighteen The Algonquin Hotel